|Find People UK
Your frequently asked questions answered.
1) How much does it cost to find people or conduct a background check?
A) The price put on the website is the price almost all cases are taken on for. £29.99 upfront + £99.99 only if I find them, or £59.99 for a background check.
2) Can you get marriage/ birth/ death / divorce certificates?
A) Yes. Birth/Marriage/Death certificates are fairly easy to get, they'll take around 15 days arrive with the investigator. They are obtained from the government for £7, and if you have ordered an investigation they are provided for £7.50 (50p covers the transaction fee that the bank charges). No money is made getting these for clients. A lot cheaper than the £20 you'll pay elsewhere.
3) Can you find people from just their email address?
A) Not just from their email address. There’s a good chance of finding them if you know their full name as well.
4) Do you obtain ex-directory phone numbers?
A) No. The phone number is the property of the phone company and "selling" their number may be illegal. Ex-directory phone numbers may come up as part of a normal investigation but it would be illegal to investigate specifically to find them.
5) Do you find people and then collect debts as well?
A) No we just find the missing person. If you need a debt collector once the investigation is completed than one can be arranged.
6) Can you obtain criminal records?
A) Depends on the case. If you are an employer and the employee you want a background check on has agreed to have his records checked then YES. It may be possible without their permission if there is a very good reason (the government would have to deem it a good reason not the investigator). As for cases when the subject doesn't know you are conducting a background check, and you don't employ them, you won't be able to get criminal record information.
7) Do you accept cases from international clients?
A) Yes. Payment is usually made through paypal.com as this can accept foreign currencies. The person you are wanting found must be in the UK , this service doesn’t find people who are in the United Sates, France etc.
8) Do you accept all cases?A) Most, not all. An investigation won’t be taken on if the reason behind it is to cause them harm or abuse. As long as you have good intentions, as 99% of the people who make contact do have, then that's okay. Debtor’s will be found, but the manner in which you collect the debt is assumed to be professional and above board